USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA
We encourage the use of social media however members must not post any material that is offensive, harassing, discriminatory, embarrassing, intimidating, sexually explicit, bullying, hateful, racist, sexist, or otherwise inappropriate.
When using our social media channels, please ensure that you:
- Protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information about yourself or others in your posts to our social media channels (for example, email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers);
- Represent your own views and not impersonate or falsely represent any other person or organisation;
- Keep your posts relevant to Little Athletics;
- Are not abusive and do not harass or threaten others;
- Do not make defamatory or libellous comments;
- Do not use insulting, provocative or hateful language;
- Do not use obscene or offensive language;
- Do not post material that infringes the intellectual property rights of others;
- Do not post multiple versions of the same view or make excessive postings on a particular issue;
- Do not promote commercial interests in your posts;
- Do not include harmful or offensive internet addresses or links to websites or any email addresses in your posts.
Participants may face disciplinary action for sending inappropriate electronic communication or posting online content or comments that harass, offend, intimidate, misrepresent or humiliate another participant on a platform utilised by SLA. Under certain circumstances, cyber bullying (e.g. bullying that is carried out through an internet service such as email, a chat room, discussion group, social media, instant messaging or website) is a criminal offence that can be reported to the police.
In addition, participants who publish false or misleading comments about another person in the public domain (e.g., Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or Twitter) may be liable for defamation.
Right to Remove Posts and Block Offenders
SLA has the right to enforce the Social Media Policy at its discretion. SLA will remove any posted messages that it considers to be in breach of this policy and will block repeat offenders.
When using photos on social media channels, please ensure that you:
- Avoid naming the child. If this is not possible avoid using both a first name and surname.
- Only use appropriate images of the child, relevant to the sport or activity, and ensure that the athlete/child is suitably clothed. Images of athletes participating in sports or activities that involve minimal clothing or unusual body positions/poses could potentially be misused and should not be used.